Extract from Doug Austin’s article “Project Management in Electronic Discovery, Second Edition by Mike Q”
Mike Quartararo literally wrote the book on project management in electronic discovery. Now, he’s updated that book in a recently released second edition!
Mike, who is also the President of ACEDS, originally published the book in 2016, when he was still running a litigation support operation for a large law firm. His book (Project Management in Electronic Discovery: An Introduction to Core Principles of Legal Project Management and Leadership in eDiscovery*) has been (if not the only) certainly the most comprehensive book on eDiscovery project management out there. It includes chapters on:
- The Legal Process: Understanding the Body of Work in the Legal Industry
- The Discovery Process: Narrowing the Issues, Avoiding Surprise and Uncovering the Truth
- The Fundamentals of Traditional Project Management
- The Project Management Lifecycle
- Preparation for the Discovery Process
- Detailed Chapters on the Phases of the EDRM Lifecycle, from Information Governance through Production
It also includes appendices with project management process groups, sample project management forms, key FRCP and FRE eDiscovery related rules and sample eDiscovery forms.