The world of e-discovery is evolving rapidly, with new sources of electronically stored information (ESI) constantly emerging. To help you stay ahead of the curve, the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS) and Pagefreezer have collaborated to bring you our latest report: “Navigating Dynamic Online Data in E-Discovery: Insights from Corporate and Law Firm Legal Professionals.”
This comprehensive report shares valuable insights and recommendations from corporate legal and law firm e-discovery professionals about the challenges of preserving and collecting online dynamic data. This data, which includes insights relating to collaboration apps, websites, social media, and text messaging applications, has become an increasingly important aspect of e-discovery following the onset of the pandemic in early 2020.
While we encourage you to dive into the full report for an in-depth look at our findings, here’s a quick overview of the key takeaways:
- Dynamic online data volumes continue to increase, and employees are more frequently using multiple channels for communication.
- Because of the increase in dynamic data and the use of various platforms, collecting and preserving potential evidence becomes ever more complicated, and this highlights the need for evolving preservation and collection techniques.
- Custodians often need better knowledge of legal workflows and evidence collection, necessitating clearly defined processes, checklists, and collaboration between legal and IT teams.
- Most focus group participants reported significant challenges in preserving and collecting dynamic online data.
- Retention policies and practices must mature, with corporate legal professionals leading in creating and implementing these policies.
- Many survey respondents experienced difficulty identifying, preserving, and collecting website (45%) and social media (53%) data, highlighting the need for better retention policies and practices.
The e-discovery landscape is shifting towards cloud-based, dynamic online data, and legal professionals must adapt to this new reality. Thankfully, the tools, systems, and processes needed to handle this data efficiently already exist, making the e-discovery of online data more straightforward than it may initially seem.
Download our comprehensive report on navigating dynamic online data in e-discovery today! Click here to download the full report and start understanding the complexities of dynamic online data in e-discovery. You will gain valuable insights from our corporate legal and law firm focus groups.
On May 17, 2023 from 1:00 pm ET to 2:00 pm ET ACEDS is hosting a webinar, sponsored by Pagefreezer, to discuss the report findings. Those interested in hearing more about the results can register at Mastering E-Discovery in the Era of Dynamic Online Data: Insights & Solutions.