Extract from Sam Bock’s article, “Tales from the Bench: Insights from the 2023 Annual Judicial Panel“
What’s changed in the last 10 years?
2014 was the first year in which people spent more of their online time on their phones than on their desktops.
The iPhone 6, dubbed the “biggest enhancement in iPhone history,” was unveiled in 2014, featuring the brand-new iCloud drive, a whopping 8-megapixel camera, and a “stunning” 4.7-inch screen.
And, if you can believe it, initial planning for our very first Relativity Fest Judicial Panel kicked off just as sponsored posts were even becoming a thing on Instagram.
That first panel took place in October 2014, featuring U.S. District Judge Nora Barry Fischer (W.D. Pa.); U.S. Magistrate Judge Andrew Peck (S.D.N.Y.); U.S. District Judge Xavier Rodriguez (W.D. Tex.); and U.S. Magistrate Judge David Waxse (D. Kan.), with David Horrigan (then of 451 Research) serving as moderator.
In 2023, we celebrated our tenth annual Judicial Panel at Relativity Fest. This year’s panel included:
- Toni E. Clarke, president of the National Association of Women Judges (NAWJ), and retired Maryland Circuit Court Judge
- U.S. District Judge Nora Barry Fischer (W.D. Pa.)
- U.S. Magistrate Judge William Matthewman (S.D. Fla.)
- Judge Victoria McCloud, PhD., Master of the Senior Courts, Kings Bench Division (England and Wales, United Kingdom)
- Retired U.S. Magistrate Judge Andrew Peck (S.D.N.Y.), now senior counsel at DLA Piper
- U.S. District Judge Xavier Rodriguez (W.D. Tex.).