MINNEAPOLIS, MN – May 1, 2019 – Women in eDiscovery, an organization that brings together women interested in technology related to the legal profession, announced today its inaugural conference agenda, speakers and sponsors. The Women in eDiscovery 2019 Conference will be held at the W Austin Hotel, Austin, Texas, May 8-10, 2019.
Highlights include top-notch speakers from the judicial bench, corporate legal departments of Fortune 500 companies, counsel and eDiscovery experts from AMLAW 100 law firms, as well as legal technology company thought leaders.
CLE-accredited sessions and speakers are available on the Women in eDiscovery website. A sampling of the sessions and speakers is below.
- Keynote Tanya Tarr, Negotiation Strategist, Forbes Contributor, will deliver the “Build Your Executive Presence” morning address.
- Knowledge Track sessions will include an “ESI Negotiations Panel” with the esteemed speakers, U.S. Magistrate Judge Kimberly Priest Johnson (Eastern District of Texas), Gail Foster (eDiscovery Counsel, Baker Botts), and Monica McCarroll (Counsel, Redgrave). A real-time Meet and Confer will be held with perspectives from the Plaintiff and Defendant.
- Networking track sessions will kick off with “The Art of Networking” by Anne E. Collier, MPP, JD, PCC (Leadership & Workplace Culture Speaker, Arudia). Learn how to build your business, get a promotion, enhance your reputation and that of your firm and its leaders as experts, as well as sharpen skills and perspectives to stay relevant.
- The Renew Track session topic “Is ‘#MeToo Becoming #NotHer?’” will feature panelists Jessica Brown (Partner, Gibson Dunn), Alexis Ronickher (Partner, Katz, Marshall & Banks) and Natalie Stute (Chief Human Resources Officer, Consilio). Learn about the impact and development of this movement with comparisons of pre-MeToo Becoming #NotHer and post-MeToo Becoming #NotHer trends and practices.
- The WiE Conference final day will begin with an Executive Breakfast and opportunity to meet the three executive directors, Beth Finkle, Jackie Rosborough and Amy Juers.
- A Knowledge Track session, “Robot Lawyers? What Legal Professionals Need to Know About Artificial Intelligence,” will feature expert faculty discussing what legal professionals need to know about AI. The panelists are Skye Jones (Senior Vice President, Legal Strategy & Operations, Dell), Emily Fedeles (eDiscovery, Privacy, Data Security, and IG Attorney, Baker & Hostetler), Heidi Stenberg (Principal & Global Leader of Discovery Services, EY) and Gina Anders, JD (Client Executive, Forensic & Integrity Services, EY).
- Women in eDiscovery is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization, and because of its sponsors, the attendees will enjoy a five-star experience through which they can gain knowledge, network and renew their passion for the industry.A Renew Track session, “Understanding and Controlling Stress with Yoga and Meditation,” will balance your day with this course to provide you with actionable strategies that fit into your busy schedule. The speaker is Lee Holcomb (Attorney & Author, Lifestyle Lawyer, Founder, Lee Holcomb Consult).
“Not only is this organization built on volunteerism, this entire conference was produced by volunteers. We have committee chairs and members that have put a lot of time, thought and energy into this conference. It will be amazing to see this hard work come together in just a few days. On behalf of all executive directors, we thank our volunteers, sponsors and speakers for helping make this dream become a reality,” states Amy Juers, executive director, Women in eDiscovery.
The conference sponsors:
- Compliance Discovery Solutions
- ProSearch Strategies
- Legal Managed Services/Thomson Reuters
Lanyard Sponsor: Divergent Language Solutions
- Beacon Hill
- Access Data
- Gulfstream Legal Group
- Level 2 Legal Solutions
- NightOwl Discovery
Beverage Sponsor: Lighthouse
Snack Sponsor: Legal People
Registration is limited to 250 total attendees, and the conference is nearly sold out. Those who register after the conference reaches capacity will be added to a waitlist.
About Women in eDiscovery
Women in eDiscovery™ (www.womeninediscovery.org) is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization that brings together women around the world who are interested in technology related to the legal industry. Its goal is to provide opportunities for businesswomen to grow personally and professionally through leadership, education, networking support and recognition.
Women in eDiscovery members are women who work within the legal industry, including general counsel, secretaries, partners, associates, chief operating officers, paralegals, litigation support and eDiscovery professionals. Membership is free, and its executive board, regional directors and chapter officers operate on a 100-percent volunteer basis.
National Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Women in eDiscovery