Internal investigations can be daunting. The matters are often highly sensitive, time is critical, and there is no room for error.
Organizations should respond to investigations in a way that curtails any specific incident of wrongdoing and discourages similar future violations. Successful investigations are thorough, initiated quickly, completed promptly, and evaluated fairly.
In general, you should implement a plan to quickly trigger defensible investigation, and build a strategy to manage the resulting relevant data.
In this step-by-step guide will dive into five best practices for conducting fast, defensible internal investigations, including:
- Creating a defensible internal investigation process
- Streamlining the investigation with ediscovery tools
- Using silent custodian holds to preserve data
- Leveraging smart search tools
- Using a modern review platform