Ediscovery costs are growing rapidly, and at the same time, corporate legal teams are asked to take on additional responsibilities even as budgets are cut. For those of us in ediscovery, it’s more vital than ever that you find ways to control and predict the costs.
Still, lawyers struggle to establish and stick to their ediscovery budgets, given the difficulties in predicting case volumes or needs. The good news is that this is a solvable problem. What legal departments lack is the insight into their ediscovery processes, which leads them to engage in repetitive, unnecessary rework, wasting time and money.
That’s why we’ve assembled this guide to cost-effective ediscovery. In this guide, we’ll show you how to:
- Create a comprehensive litigation response plan
- Conduct early case assessment (ECA)
- Preserve and collect the right data from the right places
- Reduce the volume of documents for review
- Improve efficiency and process