Legal holds — also known as litigation holds — represent the primary way that most organizations initiate data preservation, the first step in the overall ediscovery process. Here’s why legal holds are so critical and, even more importantly, how to execute them well.
In this guide we’ll cover:
- Preserving Data for Litigation
- When and How to Initiate a Legal Hold
- Monitoring and Releasing Legal Holds
- How Legal Holds Fit Into Broader Ediscovery
- Best Practices for Effective Legal Holds
- The Legal Hold Checklist